Summer is just around the corner which means the days are getting longer and hotter. Mother Nature lends us a hand by providing complementary seasonal produce that often pair well to make cool refreshing, salads. This week we have a number of crisp salads that can be prepared in no time and enjoyed all summer long with our seasonal produce.
– 1 Sweet Onion (Blumenberry Farms, Sarasota)
Peach, Blueberry, and Fennel Salad. This recipe calls for a red onion but we think a sweet onion will do. Try and let us know what you think.
– 1 Bunch Arugula (Greens on the Gro, Palmetto – Hydroponic, Pesticide Free)
– 1lb Round Eggplant (King Farm)
– 1 Fennel (King Farm)
– 1 Bunch Curly Mustard Green (King Farm)
Mustard Green and Roasted Garlic Pesto. Have to admit – Never would have thought to make a pesto from mustard greens. Can’t wait to try this, this week.
– 2 Yellow Crookneck Squash (King Farm)
Squash Soup. Make it a soup and salad night.
Ratatouille. This recipe calls for zucchini but we think another summer squash variety may do just fine – the yellow crookneck.
– 1/2 lb Blueberries (King Farm)
Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!!
– 1lb Peaches (King Farm)